1929 graduated Leningrad Academy, of Arts.
Since 1933 helped prepare plans for Moscow Palace of Soviets, and Moscow Metro station “Ploshchad Sverdlova”, finished by him in 1936. Co-designer, Leningrad Industry Academy. Designed blocks of flats in Moscow, on the Arbat, the Leningradskoe Shosse and the Bryusovsky Pereulok.
Also designed the Leningrad Hotel and the “Kaluzhskaya”, “Kurskaya”, and new “Arbatskaya” Metro stations. Directed architectural decoration of the Volga-Don Canal installations and the Tsymlyanskaya Hydropower Network. Designed main gates of the All-Union Agriculture Exhibition.
Competed in design contest for the office buildings of Council of Popular Concur, in Zaryade and for the “Izvestiya” offices, etc. 1955 won 2nd prize in design contest for monument in honor of 300th anniversary of Ukrainia-Russia Union. 1945-1955 Director, one of design studios of “Mosproekt” Institute.
1950-1955 full member, USSR Academy, of Architecture. 1955 severely criticised in Central Committee and Council of Ministers decree “On the Elimination of Extravagance in Designing and Construction”. Forfeited his title of Stalin Prize winner and ceased to hold exec, position in “Mosproekt” Institute.
Also lost position as full member, USSR Academy, of Construction and Architecture. Since 1955 his place of work unknown.