Margaret Chilton, born at Clifton, Bristol, was a British stained glass artist and instructor.
In the early 1900s she attended the Royal College of Art in London, where she was taught by Christopher Whall.
In about 1906 she returned to Bristol where she set up her own stained glass studio. In 1918 she moved to Glasgow to take up a post at the Abbey Studio and taught for a period at the Glasgow School of Artist After a few years they moved to 12 Queen Street.
She was to spend most of her working life in Scotland.
She and Kemp worked together on many occasions, always working strictly in accordance with Arts and Crafts movement principles. In some instances her windows were made in collaboration with Lowndes & Drury, owned by Mary Lowndes and Alfred J. Drury.
She was an Associate member of the Royal College of Art and a member of the Royal West Academy in Bristol. Chilton had been a member of Street Bride’s for several years whilst living and working in Glasgow.