Bachelor, Mississippi University for Women, 1945. Master of Arts, University Mississippi, 1953. Doctor of Philosophy, University Mississippi, 1970.
English teacher, Glen Allan (Mississippi) High School, 1945-1948; English teacher, Bay High School, Bay St. Louis, Mississippi, 1948-1949; English teacher, Minter City (Mississippi) High School, 1949-1951; English teacher, Morgan City (Mississippi) High School, 1951-1953; English instructor, N.W. Mississippi Junior College (named changed to N.W. Mississippi Community College), Senatobia, 1953-1958; part-time English instructor, U. Mississippi, Oxford, 1958-1965; assistant Professor of English, Mississippi U. for Women, Columbus, 1965-1970; associate Professor of English, Mississippi U. for Women, Columbus, 1970-1986; associate professor emeritus, Mississippi U. for Women, Columbus, since 1986.
Member American Association of University Women, Phi Kappa Phi, Sigma Tau Delta.