1926 graduated Medical Faculty, 2nd Moscow University.
Since 1956 board member, AllRuss. Society of Ophthalmologists. Editor, “Ophthalmology” section, “Bolshaya meditsinskaya entsiklopediya” (Large Medical Encyclopedia), 2nd edition.
Deputy Editor, journal “Vestnik oftalmologii” (Herald of Ophthalmology). Chairman, Moscow Society of Ophthalmologists. Worked out a classification of lesions of the “fundus oculi” in hypertonia.
First in USSR to inject patients with a lytic mixture before operations and in the postoperative period. Introduced many new drugs into ophthalmological practice. Works deal with: glaucoma.
Eye tuberculosis; ophthalmological oncology. Chemotherapy of eye diseases. Traumas of the optic organs.
Foreign bodies; vascular eye pathology, etc. 1926-1930 intern, Moscow City Hospital for Eye Diseases. 1931-1944 Assistant, lecturer and Professor, Chair of Eye Diseases, Central Postgraduate Medicine Institute, Moscow.