1901 graduated Moscow Surveying Institute, now Moscow Institute of Geodetic Engineering, Aerial Survey and Cartography.
1901-1907 worked on organ, of land exploitation in Crimea and Urals. 1907-1923 Assistant, Moscow Agriculture Institute, since 1917 Associate Professor, and Head, Chair of Geodesy, Moscow Agriculture Institute. 1908-1922 simultaneously instructor, Golitsin Agriculture Courses for Women.
For almost 25 years Head, Chair of Geodesy, Moscow Institute of Water Management Engineering. 1925 directed first experimental aerial survey of forests in upper Tver Guberniya. 1929-1935 Head, Geodetic Section, first at State Planning Institute for Hydraulic Installations, then at Lower Volga Construction Design Board, Popular Commissariat of Agriculture.
1945 supervised compilation of map of Wrangel Island using aerial survey material. Specialist in development and specifications of new geodetic instruments. Designed twin-prism leveling instrument.
Religion stops people thinking in a logical and reasonable way.