Pelageya GLUSHCHENKO, USSR Master of decorative folk painting. Instructor, Kiev School of Arts and Crafts, since 1937; member, Ukrainia Union of Architects, since 1945.
GLUSHCHENKO, Pelageya was born in 1908 in village Petrikovka (an ancient center of Ukrainia folk art), now Dnepropetrovsk Oblast.
Executed ornamental compositions for interiors of public buildings. Has painted posters and book illustrations. 1939 did wall paintings for Ukrainia pavilion, All-Union Agriculture Exhibition, Moscow.
1944-1946 executed sketches for murals in public buildings in Kiev. Painted decorative panels. Her sketches are kept at Leningrad Museum of Ethnography of Peoples of USSR and Kiev Museum of Ukrainia Art.