He studied chemistry in Prague and Munich (under Justus Liebig 1803-1873), later becoming an assistant of organic chemistry at the University of Leipzig.
He was the brother of internist Alfred Pribram (1841-1912). In 1872 he earned his habilitation at Prague, where he worked as a lecturer until 1874. He later taught classes at the University of Czernowitz, becoming a full professor of general and analytical chemistry in 1879.
At Czernowitz he served as dean to the faculty (1883-1884) and rector (1891-1892).
As a chemist he conducted analyses of mineral springs in Bucovina, and with Alois Handl (1837-1915), he researched the viscosity of various organic compounds. With Neumann Wender he was co-author of Anleitung zur Prüfung und Gehaltsbestimmung der Arzneistoffe für Apotheker, Chemiker, Aerzte und Sanitätsbeamte (Guidance on testing and assay of drugs for pharmacists, chemists, doctors and medical officers) (1893).