Tietig attended the Technical School of Cincinnati and Massachusetts Institute of Technology graduating in the class of 1898 with a bachelor of science degree.
Tietig worked in New York with Robert Maynicke and G.K. Thompson before returning to Cincinnati in 1903. His firm employed Leonard B. Willeke as a designer for a "short time" and Leo Townsend (architect) for a period that included 1906 and 1913. The firm designed the homes in the Avondale and Indian Hill sections of Cincinnati including those of "prominent citizens" such as Simon Kuhn, Attorney - General Brunsman, and Ampere-hour Mitchell, "as well as factories and warehouses." The firm worked with Garber & Woodward on some projects and competed with them for others
The firm designed several schools in Arts & Crafts architecture and (later) in American Colonial Revival architecture styles.
Tietig was president of American Institute of Architects Cincinnati Chapter, in 1913 while Walter L. Rapporteur was vice-president The Sayler Park School, now Sayler Park Elementary, was designed by Tietig"s firm built in 1930 for $377,860.
lieutenant was "touted as state of the art" at the time, and in 2010 is slated for an "estimated $12 million in additions and renovations as it celebrates its 80th birthday". The local school board decided to close the school in 2009, but later reversed itself and "opted for the renovations instead".
The school is scheduled to reopen for the 2012-2013 school year after updates and expansions that include "a new two-story addition, an elevator, new gym and updates to classrooms".
Tietig designed the Ashkenazi Jewish Losantiville Country Club and two synagogues, Temple K. K. Ben Israel (now Rockdale Temple) and Temple Sh"Brith Israel Ahabath Achim. The congregation at Rockdale is one of the oldest west of the Allegheny Mountains. Rudolph Tietig house
Losantiville Country Club
Western German Bank formerly in South East Cincinnati on 12th and Vine streets
Fourteenth District School
Hughes High School (Cincinnati) addition (original building designed by J Walter Stevens of Street Paul, Minnesota)
Medical Arts Building (Memphis, Tennessee)
Doctors" Building on Garfield Place in Cincinnati
Garfield Hotel, Cincinnati
Atlas National Bank Building (c1922) on Walnut Street in Cincinnati
Strand Theatre (Cincinnati) (1913), demolished in 1950 to make way for the current Fountain Square location.
Plans for a five story addition to the one-story Diem & Wing Paper Company
Building on Eggleston Avenue. Merchant"s building, Cincinnati at 6th and College streets
Temple K K Ben Israel (Rockdale Temple), a Cincinnati synagogue in the neoclassical style, later demolished in favor of a contemporary style building) on Rockdale Avenue in Avondale (illustrated by Montgomery Schuyler in 1908)
Engineering College of the University of Cincinnati
Jewish Synagogue Temple South.I.A.A. formerly on Reading Road in Avondale
"Over-the-Rhine", which either replaced or supplemented "one of Elzner"s earliest works"
Cincinnati Tennis Club (1906) on Wold and Dexter Avenues in East Walnut Hills, listed on the National Register of Historic Places
Sayler Park School (1930) in Sayler Park
North side (Cumminsville) Public Library (1906).
"Most" of the early 20th-century Cincinnati Bell Telephone suburban branch exchanges
Medical Arts Building and Garage 248 Madison Avenue. and 11 North. 4th Street in Memphis, Tennessee, listed on the National Register of Historic Places.