Bachelor of Science in Chemistry, Tufts College, 1949. Diploma in painting, School of Museum of Fine Arts, Boston, 1953. 5th-year certified, School of Museum of Fine Arts, Boston, 1954.
Student, Harvard Summer School, 1953. Master of Arts (honorary), Emerson College, Boston, 1967.
Instructor art history Tufts University, Medford, Massachusetts, 1944—1945, 1959—1965, lecturer art history and drawing Naples, Italy, 1966. Instructor department drawing School of Museum of Fine Arts, Boston, 1953—1955, 1958—1969. Professor, chairman fine arts Emerson College, 1961—1994.
Resident MacDowall Colony, Peterborough, New Hampshire, 1958. Participant IAMCR Conference United Nations Educational, Sao Paulo, Brazil, 1989. Second lieutenant United States Air Force, 1943-1946, PTO.
President, director Lend-a-Hand Charity, Boston, 1968—2005. Guest secretary of culture Moscow, 1974. Director Society for Propagation of Bible for Indians and Others in North America, Boston, since 1970.
Member of Harvard Museum Society, Medici Society, Middlesex Canal Association (vice president, director since 1990), St. Botolph Club (member arts committee 1989).