Doctor of Veterinary Medicine, Veterinary Faculty, St. Petersburg, Russia, 1953. Doctor of Philosophy, Agricultural University, Bucharest, Romania, 1967.
Field veterinarian, Experimental Animal Breeding Station, Rusetu, Romania, 1953-1957;
research officer, The Pasteur National Veterinary Institute, Bucharest, 1957-1972;
director, The Pasteur National Veterinary Institute, Bucharest, 1972-1984;
director research, The Pasteur National Veterinary Institute, Bucharest, since 1992;
director, Control Veterinary Diagnostic Laboratory, Bucharest, 1987-1990;
professor, head pathology department, Veterinary Faculty, Bucharest, 1991-1995. Member subcommittee on taxonomy of ricketisiales International Committee Systemic Bacteriology, 1973-1975. Vice president Romanian Academy Agricultural Sciences & Forestry, Bucharest, 1991-1994.
Member National Advisory Committee for Research and Development, Bucharest, since 1991. Member National Committee for Advanced Biotechnology, Bucharest, 1993-1995.
Member Romanian Veterinary Association (president 1977-1990, award for contribution to veterinary science 1993, award and medal for professional achievements 1995), Romanian Academy Agricultural, Sciences and Forestry.
Married Felicia Berbecaru, August 16, 1951. 1 child, Irina.