1908 graduated St. Petersburg Military Medicine Academy.
Lieutenant-General, Medicine Corps. Professor; Doctor of Medicine Science since 1911. Full member, USSR Academy of Medical Science, s 1945.
Chief, Fedorov Surgical Clinic, Leningrad Military Medicine Academy, since 1946. Director, Polcnov Neurosurgical Research Institute, Leningrad, and Chief Neurosurgeon, Russian Soviet Federated Socialist Republic Ministry of Health. Honoured Worker of Science Russian Soviet Federative Socialist Republic since 1935.
Member, Editor Board, journal “Novy khirurgichesky arkhiv” (New Surgical Archives). Member, Editor Council, journal “Voprosy neyrokhirurgii” (Problems of Neurosurgery). Со-Editor, “Surgery” section, “Bolshaya meditsinskaya entsiklopediya” (Large Medical Encyclopedia), 2nd edition.
Member of a number of science society, commissions and comts. Applied blood transfusion on a wide scale and proved experimentally feasibility of transfusing cadaveric blood. Devised surgical method of completely isolating an intestinal loop from all its nerve connections.
Also developed other operation methods. 1908-1913 at Fedorov Surgical Clinic, St. Petersburg Military Medicine Academy. 1913-1914 worked in surgical clinics in England and United States of America.
1914-1918 military doctor in Russia Army. 1918-1923 again at Fedorov Surgical Clinic, Petrograd Military Medicine Academy. 1923-1939 Head., Chair of Clinical Faculty Surgery, Kharkov Medicine Institute, Head of Clinic, All-Ukrainia Institute of Experimental Medicine, and Director, Kharkov Oblast Hospital.
1939-1941 Head, Chair of Clinical Faculty Surgery Leningrad Military Medicine Academy. 1941-1946 Deputy Chief Surgeon, Soviet Army.
Religion is always aggressive against any new scientific ideas.