Master of Arts, Michigan State University, 1952. Doctor of Philosophy, Michigan State University, 1957.
Instructor English and French P.O.W. University, Beaconsfield, 1945—1946. Director language training Kaw-Siemens and Verein Merkur of Germany, 1947—1951. Assistant professor French and German Harpur College, Binghamton, 1958—1963.
Professor, chairman department foreign languages State University of New York, Cortland, 1963—1967, professor, director international programs, since 1967.
Member of Training and Research, Society Intercultural Education, American Association Teachers of German, American Association Teachers of French, Modern Language Association, Modern Humanities Research Association, Renaissance Society of America.