1913 completed higher medical studies in Switzerland. 5 years specialization in osseous tuberculosis under guidance of Professor A. Role.
1918 organized and directed USSR’s first children's sanatorium for osseous tuberculosis at Sokolniki, Moscow. 1919 persuaded Professor T. P. Krasnobaev to work as consultant at sanatorium. With his assistance converted sanatorium into research and training center for study of osseous tuberculosis in children, reorganized in 1934 into clinic of Central Tuberculosis Institute, USSR Popular Commissariat of Public Health, now Krasnobaev Osteoarthritic Tuberculosis Clinic, Tuberculosis Institute, USSR Academy of Medical Science.
Research into campaign against osteoarthritic tuberculosis, its early diagnosis, clinical aspects and treatment. Developed a method of longterm antibacterial therapy of osteoarthritic tuberculosis and specified indications for functional therapy of this disease. Board member, All-Union and Moscow Society of Tubercologists.
Chairman, Osseous Section, Moscow Society of Tuberculologists. Member, Editor Council, journal “Problemy tuberkuleza” (Problems of Tuberculosis).