1922 graduated Medical Faculty, Voronezh University.
1922-1924 member, Voronezh City Soviet. 1936 founded Central Research Institute of Otorhinolaryngology. Since 1941 Chairman, All-Union Society of Otorhinolaryngologists.
1947-1955 Deputy, Moscow City Soviet of Worker’s Deputy. Deputy Editor, journal “Vestnik otorinolaringologii” (Herald of Otorhinolaryngology). Deputy Editor, “Otorhinolaryngology” section, “Bolshaya meditsinskaya entsiklopediya” (Large Medical Encyclopedia), 2nd edition.
Member. Learned Medicine Council, USSR Ministry of Health. Member, Editorial Board, “Meditsinsky referativny zhurnal” (Medical Abstracts Journal). Since 1957 Chief Editor, multi-volume handbook on otorhinolaryngology.
Studies otogenic intracranial complications. Nasopharyngal cancer. Traumatic injuries of the nose and accesory sinuses.
Principles of tissue therapy and penicillin therapy in otorhinolaryngology. 1939 developed modification of plastic treatment after radical operation of the temporal bone and method of local anesthesia in surgery of nasopharyngal fibromata. 1922-1929 intern, Assistant, then senior Assistant.
Clinic of Ear, Nose and Throat Diseases, Voronezh University. 1929-1930 Assistant, 1930-1934 Deputy Director, 1934-1935 Acting Professor, then Acting Director, Clinic of Ear, Nose and Throat Diseases, 1st Moscow Medicine Institute. 1929-1941 Dean and Deputy Director, 1942-1948 Director, 1st.
Moscow Medicine Institute. 1936-1938 Deputy Director, 1938-1941 Director, Moscow Central Research Institute of Otorhinolaryngology.