Dmitriy CHECHULIN, USSR Architect. Full member, USSR Academy, of Building and Architecture, since 1956; Chief Architect in arrangements for 1967 Moscow World Fair. Stalin Prize, 1941. Member, Communist Party, since 1945.
CHECHULIN, Dmitriy was born in 1901.
1929 graduated Moscow Higher Art and Technology Institute.
Designed: Palace of Soviets. Moscow Trade-Union Council Theater. Aeroflot building; Kursk Station, Moscow.
“Kievskaya” and “Komsomolskaya” Moscow Metro stations 1939. Pavilions for four oblasts at the Moscow All-Union Agriculture Exhibition. 1945 helped redesign Moscow Soviet building and redesigned Tchaikovsky Concert Hall, Moscow.
1949-1951 skyscraper building on Kotelnicheskaya embankment. 1957 “Peking” Hotel; 1958 Radio House in Peking. 1960 “Moskva” swimming pool.
1949-1950 Chief Architect of Moscow. Since 1937 member, USSR Union of Architects. Censured by Central Committee of the Communist Party of the Soviet Union, and USSR Council of Ministers decree of 4 November 1955 for “waste in design and construction”.
Until 1955 full member, USSR Academy, of Architecture.