Evgeny graduated from the faculty of physics and mathematics of the Voronezh State University in 1955.
Evgeny was a designer of the Moscow machine-building plant "Soyuz" from 1962 till 1968.
Later he worked in Turaev machine-building bureau " Soyuz " (1968-1972). After he became a deputy chief designer in a period 1973-1975 and then a head of Department from 1975 till 1986.
Since 1986 he was a principal Research Scientist of Scientific production Association "Red Star" in Moscow. In 1962-1988 he participated in the development and flight tests of samples of space nuclear power plant.