Student, DePaul University, 1948-1950; Bachelor of Fine Arts, School of The Art Institute of Chicago Chicago, 1950; Master of Fine Arts, School of The Art Institute of Chicago Chicago, 1961; postgraduate, Michigan State University, 1958-1960; postgraduate, University of Michigan, 1959; Doctor of Philosophy (honorary), Hamilton State University, 1972.
Assistant director, Hackley Art Gallery, Muskegon, Michigan, 1952-1957; instructor, Hackley Art Gallery, 1952-1956; instructor drawing, ceramics and painting, Muskego (Michigan) Community College, 1952-1957; head industrial art department, Clark Equipment Company, Benton Harbor, Michigan, 1957-1967; member of faculty dep art, Lake Michigan College, Benton Harbor, 1964-1967; member of faculty dep art, Kilgore (Texas College), 1969-1972; marketing services supervisor, Stemco Manufacturing Company, Longview, Texas, 1971-1972; director corporate communications, Wellman Industries Inc., Longview, 1972-1974; manager advertising and marketing service, Radh Govinda LeTourneau Inc., Longview, 1967-1971; member of faculty art, LeTourneau College, Longview, 1974-1975; assistant professor art, Ambassador College, Big Sandy, Texas, 1973-1977; president, Industrial Illustrated, Longview, 1977-1980; member of faculty art, Stephen F. Austin State University, Nacogdoches, Texas, 1977-1978; member of faculty art, Kilgore College, Longview Center, 1978-1980; instructor drawing and painting, Tarrant County Junior College, Fort Worth, Texas, 1980-1993; assistant art creative director, Radio Shack/Tandy Corporation, Fort Worth, Texas, 1980; lecturer and demonstrator, Grumbacher and Winsor & Newton Companies, 1976-1980; president, Industrial Illustrated, Arlington, Texas, since 1993. Chairman Tandy Employees Art Exhibit, 1980-1990.
Member Michigan Council on Arts, 1964-1965. Chairman public relations committee East Texas council Boy Scouts American, 1968-1970, board directors Longhorn council, since 1983. Member Texas Commission on Arts and Humanities, 1970-1977.
Regional director Art Week, 1964-1965. Chairman Fine Arts Festival of Southwestern Michigan, 1961. Board directors Longview United Fund, 1971-1972.
Served with United States Air Force, 1941-1945. Member Texas Fine Arts Association, Arts Council of Fort Worth and Tarrant County (member government and advertising committees 1980-1981), College Art Association American, Artists Equity, Arlington Art Association (vice president since 1987).
Married Marian L. Mark, April 6, 1947. Children: Dennis H., David B.