Privately. Articled, 1860. Subsequently studied in Atelier Questel, Paris. Soane medallist, Royal Institute of British Architects 1869.
Travelling student and gold medallist, R.A. 1870.
Travelled in Italy, 1870. Commenced practice as an architect, 1871. For 21 years a Volunteer officer, retiring with rank of Lieutenant-Colonel in 1892, and receiving the Volunteer decoration.
Professional works: Hoi born Viaduct Hotel and Station. Holborn Town Hall; mansion for Edward Lloyd, Delahay St. Hotel Victoria.
Paddington Branch of the London Joint-Stock Bank.
New library, pension-room, and class-rooms, Gray’s Inn. Restoration of Gray’s Inn Hall. Offices for Edward Lloyd, Ltd., Salisbury Square, East Central (postal district).
Coombe House and Coombe Farm, near Croydon. Coburg Hotel; Carlton Hotel. Buildings for Wool land Brothers, Lowndes Terrace.
New station, St. James’s Park, for Met. District Railway; Empire Hotel, Lowestoft: extension of First Avenue Hotel. Queen Victoria Memorial, Kensington.
The Institute of Journalists. New Library, Museum, and exit staircase, Freemasons’ Hall. Alterations and additions to the United Service Club. V. D.; Past Vice-President Royal Institute of Brit. Architects; Fellow of the Geol. Society; architect.
Clubs: Arts, Junior Athenaeum.