Specialist in industrial buildings and reinforced concrete structures. Full member, USSR Academy, of Building and Architecture, since 1957. Director, Research Institute of Industry Buildings and Structures, USSR Academy of Building and Architecture, since 1961.
Presidium member, USSR Union of Architects, since 1961. Member, Lenin Committee Prizes for Science and Technology, USSR Council of Ministers, since 1960. 1924-1928 worked for various design organization.
1928-1930 and 1935-1938 taught at Ural Industry Institute. 1930-1935 at Ural Construction Institute, Sverdlovsk. Since 1940 taught at Moscow Civil Engineering Institute.
1954-1957 Chief, Technology Board, USSR Ministry for the Construction of Heavy Industry Enterprises and USSR Ministry for the Construction of Metallurgical and Chemical Industry. 1957-1961 Deputy Director, then Director, Research Institute of Concrete and Reinforced Concrete, USSR Academy of Building and Architecture. Helped draw up standards for building materials and appliances and established quotas, technican conditions and instructions for design of industrial building structures and equipment.