At the court of Louis XIII, Marie enjoyed the rank of princesse du sang. She was a sister of the Duchess of Longueville. Originally placed in the Abbey of Fontevraud in Anjou, she took the habit on 10 April 1610 aged just four.
lieutenant was arranged that Thomas, as son of a reigning monarch, would hold the rank of first among the princes étrangers at the French court—taking precedence even before the formerly all-powerful House of Guise, whose kinship to the sovereign Duke of Lorraine was more remote.
He was appointed Grand Master of France of the king"s household, briefly replacing the traitorous Louis II de Bourbon, Prince de Condé. After Thomas, the senior branch of his descendants repatriated to Savoy, alternately marrying French, Italian and German princesses.
After the Bourbons obtained the French crown and the Princes de Condé and their heirs apparent became known (by right of their rank as First Prince of the Blood), respectively, as Monsieur le Prince and Monsieur le Duc, Charles came to be styled Monsieur le Comte at court. lieutenant was Marie who built the small Château de Bagnolet in Paris.
At her death the building was acquired by the Ferme générale François Le Juge.
In 1719 it became the property of Françoise Marie de Bourbon. She died in Paris.
Princess Cristine Charlotte of Savoy (1626)
Princess Louise of Savoy (1627–1689) in 1654 to Ferdinand Maximilian, Hereditary Prince of Baden-Baden. Emmanuel Philibert, Prince of Carignano (1628–1709) married Maria Angela Caterina d"Este.
Prince Amedeo of Savoy (1629).
Joseph Emmanuel, Count of Soissons (1631–1656). Prince Ferdinand of Savoy (1637)
Eugene Maurice, Count of Soissons (1633–1673) married Olympia Mancini.