1910 graduated St. Petersburg Military Medicine Academy.
Founded Chair of Clinical Propedeutics and Therapeutics at Voronezh University and organized there clinical, physiological and biochemical laboratories. Bureau member, Clinical Department, USSR Academy of Medical Science. Member, All-Union Society of Therapeutists.
Member, Editorial Board, “Meditsinsky referativny zhumal” (Medical Abstracts Journal). Member, Editor Council, journals “Terapevtichesky arkhiv” (Therapeutic Archive) and ‘‘Klinicheskaya meditsina” (Clinical Medicine). Со-Editor, ‘‘Internal Diseases” section, “Bolshaya meditsinskaya entsiklopediya” (Large Medical Encyclopedia), 2nd ed.
Works deal with physiology and pathology of blood circulation, hematology, alimentary dystrophy, metabolism, radiation sickness, rheumatism, endocarditis, etc. 1910-1925 at Chair of Diagnostics, St. Petersburg (later Petrograd) Military Medicine Academy; 1925-1935 Professor, Chair of Clinical Propedeutics and Therapeutics, Voronezh University, now Voronezh Medicine Institute. 1935-1942 and 1945-1955 Professor, and Head, Clinic of Hospital Therapeutics, Moscow Oblast Clinical Institute.
1942-1943 and 1950-1951 Head, Chair and Clinic of Hospital Therapy, 1st Moscow Medicine Institute. Then worked at medical institutions of Kremlin Medicine- and Sanitary Board. 1943-1945 Chief Clinician on 2nd Ukrainia Front.
Since 1945 Chief Clinician, USSR Ministry of Health.
Religion stops people thinking in a logical and reasonable way.