Nikolay graduated from the architectural department of the Higher Art and Technical Institute in 1930.
Head of the project group “Voronezhselstroy” (1930-1932), lecturer of the department of architecture of the Voronezh Engineering and Construction Institute (1932-1934), senior architect of the “Oblproject” (1934-1941). Head of the project team in Novosibirsk (1941-1946). Employee of the Voronezh “Oblproject” (1946-1955), Assistant Professor of the Department of Architecture (1955-1969), Department of Agricultural Architecture (since 1969) of the Voronezh Engineering and Construction Institute. At the same time a lecturer of the Voronezh Construction Technical School (1946-1957), the Voronezh Engineering and Construction Institute (1946-1955), and the head of the “Voronezhgrazhdanproekt” project group (1955-1967).