He graduated from Higher Commercial Department of Kwansei Gakuin University in 1922.
Tokuo Shiba entered Teikoku Jinken Kaisha (Teikoku Rayon Manufacturing Company) in 1925. He became chief of Administrative Section of Mihara Plant of the same company in 1945. He transferred to Teito Glass Industry Company (1946) and became its representative. When the company was renamed Hiroshima Glass Industry Company became its president (1947).
He held additional posts of director of Zen Jido Kikai Seizo Kyokai (All Automatic Machinery Manufacturers' Association) and chairman of Hiroshima Municipal Electric Power Council.