Student, University New Hampshire, 1942. Bachelor, Michigan State University, 1947. Master of Arts, Michigan State University, 1950.
Muralist, National Youth Administration, 1939-1940; instructor, Macalester College, 1947-1949; teaching assistant, Michigan State University, 1949-1950; assistant, then associate professor, State University of New York at New Paltz, 1950-1957; executive director, Maryland. Institute, 1957-1959; director, Kalamazoo Institute Arts, 1959-1965; professor art, University of Illinois at Chicago Circle Campus, 1965-1986, professor emeritus, since 1987; department chairman, University of Illinois at Chicago Circle Campus, 1965-1967; associate dean faculties, University of Illinois at Chicago Circle Campus, 1969-1972; acting dean, University of Illinois Chicago College of Architecture and Art, 1975-1977; typographer-calligrapher, painter-printmaker, since 1947. Art and music consultant, lecturer, since 1957.
Board of directors Stuart Town Homes Corporation, 1970. Member Governor Michigan Council Arts, 1964-1965. Member research board Mercy Hospital, Chicago, 1979-1990.
Member Executive Service Corps of Chicago, 1989-1990. Served with Army of the United States, 1942-1946. Member American Civil Liberties Union, National Society Painters in Casein and Acrylic (Doctor David Soletsky award 1983, Marion de Sola Mendes Memorial award 1985), Pastel Society American.
Married J. Dolores Robson, February 23, 1946.