Ignacio Manzanera, Spaniard mechanical engineer. Master in Project Management from Boston University, Certified Facilities Manager, Certified cost engineer, cost consultant. AACEI president, Speaker at San Diego, Boston, London, Paris, Riyadh.
Manzanera, Ignacio was born on September 2, 1945 in Barranquilla, Atlantico, Colombia. Son of Rafael and Ligia Olga (Guerra) Manzanera. Developed projects in the USA, England, Spain, Italy, Saudi Arabia, Qatar, Oman, Lebanon, Palestine and South Korea
Studied primary school at the presentation school of Girardot
Studied High school at San Bartolome and the LIceo Cervantes en Bogota
Associate professor University Nacional, Bogota, Colombia, 1968-1970. Manager Nylontex Ltd., Manizales, Colombia, 1970-1972. Area manager BF Goodrich, Bogota, 1972-1975, Exxon, Cartagena, Colombia, 1975-1979.
Consultant Rothermel Cooke, London, 1979-1981. Planning engineer Aramco, Dhahran, Saudi Arabia, 1981-1992.European Union Consultant for the reconstruction of Lebanon, 1994-2004, Hill International Management coordinator for Hospital Construction 2004-2007, Worley Parsons PM coordinator for Industrial Port construction 2008-2011, MZ & Partners, Senior PM 4 high rise buildings 2012-2015 - Ma'aden Gold MIne development Contractual Claim 2016-2017
Corruption has taken over most business organizations and governments all over the world.
Professional tools and techniques have been developed to protect the population against it, but most people do not know about these tools and techniques or they have the wrong belief they do not work or they are too complicated.
I have help many governments and organization on the implementation of governance that guarantees transparency and professionalism.
Any kind of business can use the above-mentioned tools and techniques using the latest technologies and they are surprisingly easy to learn and implement and they will not set you back your finances at all.
The core of project management excellence lies on repeated demonstrations of PM skills, leadership, reliability and devotion all tied together with qualities of talent and integrity to bring projects, repeatedly to a successful completion.
Speaker at AACEI annual meeting at San Diego USA 1976, Speaker at FIDIC annual meeting in Paris 1978, Speaker at AACEI Boston annual meeting 1979, Gulf Organization for Industrial Consulting, Qatar, 1991.
Visiting professor at: National University, King Fahad University of Petroleum and MInerals, Notre Dame University, Lebanese American Universtiy, Balamand University, Arabian Gulf University of Bahrain, Universidad Distrital, Los Andes University.
Past president of the American Association of Cost Engineer, Member American Society of Mechanical , American Association Cost Engineers (consultant 1984-1991), International Cost Engineer Council (consultant 1992-1993), American Society of Mechanical Engineers, Real Tennis Club de Barcelona.
AMERICAN SOCIETY OF MECHANICAL ENGINEERS
1984 - 2017
In plain English, what do you get to keep when you select me as your projects’ manager?
• An institutionalized project management culture with its operating manual
• A cluster of related abilities, commitments, knowledge, and skills that will allow an organization to act effectively in any job or project situation.
• A knowledge base on capital projects development with a matching library of 600+ books;
• The latest projects management technology, continuously updated by leading institutions;
• Repository of past-developed project to give projects teams a jump start and guidance on similar future endeavors.
• Repository of IT applications to projects management;
• Civil, Mechanical, Electrical and Electronic engineering background needed to properly implement all kind of projects;
• A hit-the-ground-running project management operation;
• A Daily transparent update on company’s current projects development;
• Monthly updates on projects financial business-case status;
• Commanding leadership along with a balanced score cards criteria status;
• A well-established company project life cycle to ascertain all stakeholders are always on the same page;
• A strategy-oriented and Cost-sensitive project management team;
• A disciplined, yet enjoyable working environment with emphasis on empathy, cooperation and collaboration;
• Sustainable responsibility and accountability improvement;
• An experienced, multi-tasking, enthusiastic, communications-oriented competent project manager with sufficiency of knowledge and skills to enable his appropriate acting in a wide variety of scenarios; and more importantly
• Only one version of the truth.
Bridge, golf, tennis, basketball, windsurfing.
Married Paula Fernanda Arango, February 1, 1971. Children: Paula Fernanda, Ignacio.