Mr. Strauch established residence in Chicago in 1905, and in 1911 received a State License to practice Architecture. Two years later he was elected a member of the Illinois Society of Architects.
In his practice Mr. Strauch carried on work of a general nature, designing schools, civic buildings, breweries and residences, all in Chicago. Among his most important buildings were St. Andrews School, Lincoln Tuner Hall, and the American Bakers’ Union Hall.
He was elected a member of the Illinois Society of Architects.