He graduated from the Physics and Mathematics (1909) and Law (1912) faculties of St. Petersburg University.
In 1918-1919 he worked as a teacher at the Petrograd Polytechnic Institute and the Petrograd Agricultural Institute. Since 1919 Head of the Department of Political Economy and Statistics of the Voronezh Agricultural Institute. Since 1922 Professor of the Department of Land Management, at the same time Director of the Voronezh Higher Agronomic Courses. Participated in the preparation of the decree on social land management. In 1923-1928 professor at the Department of Economics and at the same time at the Department of Land Management at the Moscow Land Survey Institute. In 1928-1948, Professor, Head of the Department of Political Economy, after that Head of the Department of Economics of Land Management and Planning of Agricultural Locations of the Voronezh Agricultural Institute. At the same time Head of the Department of National Economic Planning and Agricultural Statistics of the Voronezh Institute of National Economic Accounting. Since 1948, Director of the Institute of Economics of the Science Academy of the Ukrainian SSR, at the same time Head of the Department of Agricultural Planning of the Voronezh Agricultural Institute (until 1951).
In 1957-1964, Chairman of the Council for the Study of the Productive Forces of Ukraine of the Science Academy of the Ukrainian SSR. He is the author of many studies on the history of agrarian relations in Russia, including such books as: "Land Management in a Pre-Revolutionary Village" (Moscow; Voronezh, 1928, Vol. 1), "Agrarian Revolution in Russia". (Moscow, 1966, Vol 1-2) and others.
Member of the Voronezh provincial executive committee, doctor of economic sciences (1936), honored science worker of the Ukrainian SSR (1966),