In 1950 Pyotr Ivanovich graduated from Kamenskaya school. Then he graduated from department of general medicine of the Voronezh State Medical University in 1956. From 1960 to 1962 he studied at the postgraduate course at the department of hospital surgery.
In 1956-1958 Pyotr Ivanovich was the head hospital of medical district and the surgeon in the village of Tresorukovo of Davydovsky district. Chief physician of Davydovsky district hospital (1958-1960). From 1962 to 1965 - chief of department of cardiovascular surgery of the Voronezh Regional Hospital. Then deputy chief physician of the Voronezh Regional Hospital (1971-1979).
Since 1965 worked as assistant, the associate professor (1980-1986) of department of hospital surgery, the head of the department of the general surgery (1986-2005) of the Voronezh State Medical University (now Voronezh State Medical Academy). At the same time he was a chief physician of the Voronezh Regional Hospital (1989-1997). Professor of department of the general surgery of the Voronezh State Medical Academy (since 2005).