Fisher received her BFA and MFA (1959) in Photography from Ohio University, Athens.
A photography instructor at De Anza College in Cupertino, California, since 1967, she has been chairman of the school's Photography Department since 1975. At San Jose State University, California, she was a photography instructor in 1966 and college photographer from 1963 to 1970. She has also taught photography at Foothill College (1965-67) and Detroit Community Center (1960-63). Fisher was a photographer at Ford Hospital from 1961 to 1963 and a commercial photographer from 1959 to 1961.
Fisher won several grants for photographic research from De Anza College in 1970. Her work was included in the film New Photographies, '71, produced by Central Washington State College. The photographer's major thrust since 1958 has been "inner-landscape post-visualization, multiple black-and-white printing, experimental explorations."
A member of SPE, Friends of Photography and San Francisco Women Artists, and a former member of Biological Photographic Association (1961-63).