In the 1920s, he was a Secretary of the Orel provincial Committee Of the Russian Communist youth Union, Secretary of the Livensky district Committee of the all-Union Communist party (Bolsheviky).
In 1930-1931 he was Secretary of the regional Committee of the all-Union Lenin Communist youth Union of the Central-Chernozem region.
In 1947-1950 he was the head of the USSR personnel Department of the rear of the armed forces , in 1950 - Deputy head of the political Department of the land forces, in 1950-1952 the head of the political Department of the Moscow military district.
In 1952-1957 Deputy head of departments of the Central Committee of the CPSU in 1957, the head of the administrative Department of the Central Committee of the CPSU, in the years 1957-1960, the 1st Deputy head of the administrative Department of the Central Committee of the CPSU, in the years 1960-1962 member of the military Council, chief of the political Department of the Leningrad military district. Since 1962 secretary of the party Committee of the military engineering artillery Academy named After F.E. Dzerzhinsky.