Wolfgang Schueller, P.E., is a licensed structural engineer, an architect, and a retired professor of architecture. His experience in industry includes the design and construction of apartment buildings, industrial buildings, subsurface structures and bridges in the United States and abroad. His teaching positions include full professorships at the schools of architecture of Syracuse University, Virginia Polytechnic Institute and State University (Virginia Tech), and the University of Florida, as well as visiting professorships at several foreign universities. He holds undergraduate degrees in civil engineering, architectural engineering, and architecture. He received his M.S.C.E. in structures from Lehigh University. He is a member of the honor societies Phi Kappa Phi and Tau Beta Pi; he is listed in Who's Who in America, Who's Who in the South and Southwest, Who's Who in American Education, and Who’s Who in Science and Engineering. He has presented papers, written book critiques, delivered seminars and public lectures on various topics on the relationship between design engineering – structural engineering in particular – and architecture, in the USA as well as in numerous countries in Asia. He has given workshops at several Chinese and Indian universities on: The Building Support Structure in Architecture: a visual analysis and design of structures with computers using SAP2000.
Among other publications, his previous books include
• High-Rise Building Structures (Wiley 1977), 274 pages
• High-Rise Building Structures , 2nd ed. (Krieger 1986), 274 pages
• Horizontal-Span Building Structures (Wiley 1983), 594 pages
• The Vertical Building Structure (Van Nostrand Reinhold 1990), 658pp.
• The Design of Building Structures (Prentice Hall 1996), 868 pages
• Building Support Structures, Analysis and Design with SAP2000 Software, with attached CD (Computers and Structures Inc.(http://www.csiamerica.com), Walnut Creek, CA, 2009), 618 pages
• Building Support Structures, Analysis and Design with SAP2000 Software, 2nd ed., eBook by Wolfgang Schueller, 2015. The SAP2000V15 Examples and Problems SDB files are available on the Computers & Structures, Inc. (CSI) website: http://www.csiamerica.com/go/schueller
• The Design of Building Structures (Vol.1, Vol. 2), rev. ed., PDF eBook by Wolfgang Schueller, 2016, published originally by Prentice Hall, 1996, 868 pages
• Several lectures in support of the books are available at the Scribd Library (https://www.scribd.com/wolfschueller ) as well as LinkedIn SlideShare
His books have been translated into several languages.
In his books, Professor Schueller introduces approximate structural analysis and design methods, to develop an understanding of structure building systems and their behavior under various types of load action. I his last book the approximate solutions are checked with the professional software SAP2000®.