Yoshikatsu Tsuboi was an engineer with the Wakayama Prefectural Government. Later was appointed professor of Kyushu University to become dean of its Faculty of Architecture. Joined his alma mater as dean of its Faculty of Engineering.
Concomitantly was also professor at Nihon, Kyushu, Tohoku and Sagami Women's universities. He was conferred a doctorate (1941) and received an award from Japan Society of Architects (1941) and again (1954).