He studied at the Voronezh music school playing flute (1939-1942), at the military conducting faculty of the Moscow Conservatory (1944-1947), at the orchestra faculty of the Leningrad Conservatory (1960-1964).
He lived in Voronezh since 1935. He was a conductor in the Dalnevostochny (1947-1958) and Privolzhsky (1958-1960) military districts. Teacher at the Blagoveschenskaya school for war-music pupils. Conductor-assistant of the Voronezh musical theatre (1964), trainee of the Chelyabinsk Opera and ballet theatre (1966). Conductor-director of Opera and Music theaters in Omsk, Orenburg, Perm, Ivanovo.
After serving in the army he returned to Voronezh and became a teacher at children's music school № 4, where he organized a youth chamber orchestra. He worked at the Department of folk instruments at the Voronezh music school (1981-1992), and as a teacher at the Voronezh state Academy of arts (1981-1982).